Ethical principles of scientific articles publication in "Bulletin of Buryat State University. Mathematics, Informatics"
The publication in a peer-reviewed journal is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of authors and their institutions. Peer-reviewing of the articles makes it possible to follow the scientific school in the presenting research. Therefore it is important to harmonize the ethical principles for all parties involved in the publishing process: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher. In this regard, the editorial board of “Bulletin of Buryat State University. Mathematics, Informatics" establishes the following ethical principles:
- adhere to generally accepted standards of scientific reporting,
- provide access to the data they have obtained,
- submit original works, avoiding plagiarism and parallel publications in other journals,
- confirm the sources of their data,
- publish the results of studies that do not pose a hazard to humans or animals,
- avoid a conflict of interests,
- if necessary, correct the fundamental errors in the publishing papers.
The Journal Editors (Members of Editorial Board):
- are responsible for everything that is published in the journal,
- commit themselves to fair and impartial decision making independent of commercial interests and to organizing the process of impartial reviewing,
- conduct an editorial policy ensuring maximum transparency and full accountability to the author,
- protect the integrity of publications, making corrections if necessary, and issue grounded refusals for those whose manuscripts do not adhere to the research and publication ethics,
- protect the rights of third parties from the unauthorized use of the materials,
- disclose editorial conflicts of interest,
- critically evaluate the ethics of research probing on humans and animals,
- inform the authors and reviewers of what is expected from them.
The Peer Reviewers:
- are involved in the formation of editorial policy,
- adhere to a term of articles reviewing deadlines and confidentiality of assessments,
- formulate an objective and impartial review, if necessary, proving their opinion with the reference to the source,
- monitor and suppress conflict of interests situation.
The Publisher (Buryat State University):
- is committed to ensuring that advertising, reprinting or other commercial interests do not influence editorial decisions,
- provides cooperation with other publishers and industry associations, including solving ethical issues, detecting errors and refutation publishing.